Saturday, March 6, 2010

Streets Of Malaysia (Part 1)

Here in Malaysia, the only place where you’d find the most affordable cheapest goods is the one and only, Petaling Street or also known as China Town. 

(Source; http://mywilayah.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/petaling-street)

 Petaling Street is usually filled with locals and tourists splurging on things like accessories, handbags, shoes, clothing, food, etc. Anything you need, they’re all there. They’re only opened during the evening around 6pm and that’s when people will start crowding around the whole area to get what they want.

Therefore my cousin and my uncle from Singapore loves to go to Petaling street for the fun of it and of course for the things that’s being sold there. Although most goods there aren’t really original as most goods there are mostly imitations of famous brands like ‘Chanel’, ‘Gucci’ etc but hey look at the Brightside, at least they’re at an affordable price. But usually my cousin would go there just for the accessories and anything unique that catches their eye.

I’ve only been there a few times because my family and myself don't really like going to Petaling Street.

To be honest, I’ve only been to Petaling Street twice in my whole life staying here in Malaysia. I’ll give you at least 3 common reasons why I barely go to Petaling Street.

1)   There are cases of people getting pickpocket.

2)   It’s always crowded and I hate being in crowded places.

3)   Crowded people = humid, hot.

The only time I went there was to get a cheong sam for an event for my school way back when I was still in Junior school. My point of view when I saw the place was, yes I did enjoy looking at all the things that’s being sold there but somehow I didn’t like the scene of how hot, crowded and noisy it was. With people bargaining and yelling out to attract customers into buying their items.

Even though I’ve been there only twice so far, I still think it’s the best way for tourists to visit Petaling Street if they want to buy unique goods at an affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment